NLG Retro 2011 planning

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Illu on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:24 am

PD instead of GE in stage 3 would be fine with me... or why not both?

What are the separate multiplayer game tournaments though, is it gonna be like 2008, mario kart, streetfighter, goldeneye?

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Sargoth on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 am

Illu wrote:PD instead of GE in stage 3 would be fine with me... or why not both?

What are the separate multiplayer game tournaments though, is it gonna be like 2008, mario kart, streetfighter, goldeneye?

As pr now, i think its NLG Retro and Street Fighter 4 arcade edition.

Other options include SMK, MvC3, GE.

There is the natural limitation of time over the weekend, Evo being streamed live and all, but yeah I think you can count on SMK and GE being the 2 other tournament games. The rest can have small side tourneys ( as there will most likely be few entrants anyways )



How does that sounds guys? NLG Retro, SMK, GE and SSF4AE ? In order for this to run smoothly , some of the Stage 1 challenges will have to be done on thursday, but I dont see that as a problem.

Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  KVD on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:01 am

I do, as Im away for the entire day on Thurs and people like Piet will arrive from Fri night onwards. I think we'd best limit the tournos to Retro and SSF4ae only, to not plan everything jampacked during the evo weekend.

KVD

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Meridian on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am

I just came back from a weekend with Piet.
Have to inform a few things we talked over.

Zelda is awesome challenge and works very well simultainuously.
Bubble Bobble is WAY to easy to play till game over. 1 life or switch all games till game over screen. First try. almost finished the game.
Castlevania is rise and repeat cept final stages where enemies have random (10%) chance of performing a near impossible routine resulting in a inevitable death without retaliation (even if played save)
PD is nice, but not retro. Adding to the list makes it weird cus its a near copy of GE, and swapping it would be weird cus GE is more retro then PD.
Piet mentioned Circuit Breakers isnt nintendo with that said he wants to add other consoles to it he likes to play on first stage as well as 2nd and 3rd.
Though CB is awesome MP game, he does have a point.
Thursday cant be a gaming day, since many arent here yet.
SZ wants to join but has a LIVE poker tournament...

That sums up that pops in my mind right now.

Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Sargoth on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Meridian wrote:I just came back from a weekend with Piet.
Have to inform a few things we talked over.

Zelda is awesome challenge and works very well simultainuously.
Bubble Bobble is WAY to easy to play till game over. 1 life or switch all games till game over screen. First try. almost finished the game.
Castlevania is rise and repeat cept final stages where enemies have random (10%) chance of performing a near impossible routine resulting in a inevitable death without retaliation (even if played save)
PD is nice, but not retro. Adding to the list makes it weird cus its a near copy of GE, and swapping it would be weird cus GE is more retro then PD.
Piet mentioned Circuit Breakers isnt nintendo with that said he wants to add other consoles to it he likes to play on first stage as well as 2nd and 3rd.
Though CB is awesome MP game, he does have a point.
Thursday cant be a gaming day, since many arent here yet.
SZ wants to join but has a LIVE poker tournament...

That sums up that pops in my mind right now.

My thoughts:

- Cool thing Zelda works.
- That is not the way I feel about Bubble Bobble, and the logic to change all games to game over screen is non-existent. However if BB does not work ( i have played it extensively the last week, and my opinion differs ), it will be exchanged. GOnna have to be soon though,
- Castlevania is not in the list atm. Ninja Gaiden took its place, sort of.
- PD not good enough? Allright, alternative is putting GE back in then I suppose.
- In no way am I affiliated with Nintendo, and this is not a Nintendo tournament, however it may suit the retro style.
I am however affiliated with Supersonic and Codemasters ( or in other words, Circuit Breakers ) so I would love to see that game get some play.
- Cant do much about SZ, but it will be a crying shame if hes unable to show.

Im willing to take portions of the tournaments outside of the given saturday and sunday to accomodate for late-comers\early-leavers\busy-in--the-middle`ers.

Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  KVD on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:34 pm

I think people like Rub and/or MJ will only be here for the Saturday. That means they can fill the field for the first 2 stages, if they want, then leave the final stage slots to the mercy of those still present (and next in line performance-wise) the next day, if they qualify.

KVD

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Sargoth on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:56 pm

KVD wrote:I think people like Rub and/or MJ will only be here for the Saturday. That means they can fill the field for the first 2 stages, if they want, then leave the final stage slots to the mercy of those still present (and next in line performance-wise) the next day, if they qualify.

As fate would have it, the Evo stream is completely stripped of SF action on saturday, so with the proper setups and planning, the Retro and AE tournaments COULD be done within that day alone. Personally I prefer having the finals the next day, but thats a luxury preferance, and should not take precedence in any way.

Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Illu on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am

I'm thinking of ordering plane tickets soon, who should I contact when I get to Utrecht?

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  KVD on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 am

You can contact me, send me a pm through this board, so we can arrange the details of your arrival & stay. Cool to know you're coming!

KVD

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Meridian on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 pm

i'll be busy fortifying our walls meantime ;-)

plus setting some spawnpoints for you to pop back alive when i kill you in LIVE GE Very Happy

Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Illu on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:31 am

Yea well I'm sure I won't be needing that many spawn points this time Very Happy

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Meridian on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 am

Illu wrote:Yea well I'm sure I won't be needing that many spawn points this time Very Happy
Gladly.. i dont want to run bounce to much and w8 Sleep for you to press start geek

Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  KVD on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am

Haha you guys talk as well as you shoot :p

KVD

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Illu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I've now ordered my tickets btw, I'll arrive on july 28th afternoon, will stay til 1st august, I've sent Karel more exact times and my cellphone number

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Sargoth on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Illu wrote:I've now ordered my tickets btw, I'll arrive on july 28th afternoon, will stay til 1st august, I've sent Karel more exact times and my cellphone number

That is great news Illu ! A rather short stay, but at least you get all the important dates Wink

Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NLG Retro 2011 planning

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum